Thursday, August 26, 2004

MALL OUTING...

My mom, my sister and her twins, Brenna, Aubree and myself went out to eat and to the mall. Aubree did great in the restaurant which I knew she would because she is happiest when she is around food! I let my mom help with her drink for awhile. Most of you don't know this but it's best that no one else assist Aubree in eating, diapering, comforting, etc., other than Dave and me. She has to learn that Dave and I are her parents and that we are the ones who will care for her and take care of her needs and comfort her and all that jazz. So, for awhile we have to keep her from getting her needs taken care of by anyone but us. So, I hope no one will think we are being rude when we kind of distract her from going to other people. It is just what we need to do for awhile. For Dave and I, Aubree was immediately our daughter and we love her. But for Aubree we were just strangers who came into her life one day and it will take her time to learn who we are exactly and what our role is and so we don't want to confuse her. And we didn't come up with this ourselves!! We were told by professionals that this is the best way to settle her in.

Anyway, Aubree enjoyed herself at the mall. She just looked around and checked everything out. There is a little play area for kids in the mall and she went in with Brenna and the twins but she wouldn't play. She just stood in one spot and watched all the kids. But she didn't cry so at least she wasn't scared.

Brenna got her ears pierced today. She cried for few minutes but she loves her new decorated ears. And, of course, she got pink earrings!

So, everything is going good and I'm sure it will only get better.

Shannon and Dave


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. They are both so cute!! I am very glad to hear everything is going good. Take care!
Love to you All, Rita, Terry and Oscar

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new pics! Looks like Brenna & Aubree have always been sisters... :0) BTW, is the headband Aubree is wearing, one of the infamous 20.00 headbands you got in Donetsk? LOL! They are adorable, and congrats!

AmBuer (Oleg's team)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home